- Find the most recent Denver Real Estate News at http://news.denverhomesales.info/
- 2015 3rd Quarter Denver Metrolist Market Report available at http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?template=articles&nid=455
Cooling Continues for Denver Area Housing Market
September Ends A Strong 3rd Quarter
DENVER – October 5, 2015 –According to REcolorado, Colorado’s largest MLS and the provider of REcolorado.com, the housing market in the Denver metro and surrounding area continued its cooling trend in September. As inventory levels and prices remain steady, the market is seeing a slow shift to one that is more pleasing to the buyer.
With 9,051 active listings on the market, September’s inventory of available homes for sale was down one percent month over month but, was two percent higher than this time last year. Inventory levels held steady thanks to sellers bringing 6,314 new listings to the market, nine percent less than last month but 18 percent more than September 2014.
Inventory levels remained at 8 weeks in September, higher as compared to the summer months where we saw weeks of inventory as low as 5 weeks, but still well below the national average of approximately 12 weeks.
“The Denver area housing market remains among the hottest in the country,” said Kirby Slunaker, president and CEO of REcolorado. “Sellers continue to bring new listings to the market, holding inventory levels steady and benefiting buyers who are enjoying greater selection and moderating prices.”
September also brought a seasonal downtick in the pace of home sales. Month over month, the sale of new homes was down 5 percent, and there was a six percent decrease year over year.
Third Quarter in Review
The housing market for the Denver metro and surrounding area has many similarities compared to last year, but compared to the third quarter just five years ago, it looks much different.
At a monthly average of $360,828, the average sale price for the third quarter of 2015 is 35 percent higher than the monthly average of $266,467 seen in 2010. Compared to the third quarter of last year, the average home price increased 9 percent.
Find public reviews of Denver Realtor and real estate agent Christopher Gibson at the following locations:
See all reviews of Denver Realtor and real estate agent Christopher Gibson at http://denverhomesales.info/testimonials/
- Find information about how buying a home in around Denver Colorado works at http://denverhomesales.info/denver-home-buying-info/
- Find information about my risk free premium Denver home seller services at http://denverhomesales.info/denver-realtor-premium-denver-home-seller-services/
- See my list of recommended service professionals at http://denverhomesales.info/denver-service-providers/
- Android & iPhone mobile home search app: http://denvermlsapp.com