Evaluate your future metro Denver neighborhood: Location, Location, Location.
Create a custom search of active homes for sale in the real time Denver MLS here: http://denverhomesales.info/propertysearch/ .
Perform some in depth research on the location of your future home before or after you go under contract. Location is the most important aspect of your future home choice and licensed real estate agents are not permitted to share their opinions about demographics, crime, or schools with you because of fair housing laws. The following links will give you some resources to evaluate your future neighborhood yourself. In addition to these digital resources, it is advisable to simply go for a walk at different times of the day in the neighborhood you are considering purchasing a home in. These are neighbors and homes you will be living next to for an extended period of time. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are the homes and lawns well kept?
- Do you feel safe walking there?
- Are there lots of vehicles parked on the street?
- Are the city and/or county and/or HOA doing a good job of maintaining common and public spaces?
- Is there a lot of graffiti and trash?
- Is there any shopping or restaurants or parks close by that make your neighborhood more desirable to you or others? http://www.walkscore.com/
- Are the any public transit or bicycling options that make your neighborhood more desirable to you or others? http://www.walkscore.com/
Meet your immediate neighbors:
- Is this someone you want to live next door to?
- Would they choose to move here again? Why?
- If they wish they moved somewhere else, where would it be?
- What is their favorite thing about the location?
- What is their least favorite thing about the location?
Other ways to evaluate the metro Denver neighborhood digitally:
- Search for the HOA and/or neighborhood website. Look for the subdivision and common name.
- Is there a Facebook group or fan page? Look for the subdivision and common name. Question the current residents or survey historic posts about the neighborhood.
- Find your neighborhood on NextDoor.com
- Find your neighborhood on Piton.org, great for demographic information.
- Find your neighborhood on Neighborhoodscout.com
Metro Denver Neighborhood Crime and Municipal Information
Find crime statistics on NextDoor.com & Neighborhoodscout.com and learn about the different laws and regulations on the city web site of your metro Denver neighborhood. Are Pitbulls allowed? Can you operate a business out of your home? Are there different gun laws? These are some of the questions my clients have had.
- Aurora Colorado Web Site
- Arvada Colorado Web Site
- Centennial Colorado Web Site
- Castle Rock Colorado Web Site
- Denver Colorado Web Site
- Englewood Colorado Web Site
- Golden Colorado Web Site
- Highlands Ranch Colorado Web Site
- Lakewood Colorado Web Site
- Littleton Colorado Web Site
- Parker Colorado Web Site
- Westminster Colorado Web Site
Use a map search to find sex offenders close to your new home: http://www.colorado.gov/apps/cdps/soma/
Selecting A Metro Denver School District And School
In addition to surveying the ratings of various schools, you should pay attention to what programs are offered by specific schools, what charter schools options are available, and how difficult it would be to choice into a different school than the designated school for a specific neighborhood.
Colorado School Grades is the most comprehensive and easiest to use web site to evaluate a lot of schools at once, but is fairly superficial.
Another web site that is comprehensive and easy to use to evaluate a lot of schools at once, but fairly superficial, is GreatSchools.org.
The following school district web pages will provide useful information about what special curriculum are offered at different schools and how they allow people to choice into schools.
- Adams County Public Schools
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boulder Valley School District
- Cherry Creek Public Schools
- Denver Public Schools
- Douglas County Public Schools
- Englewood Public Schools
- Jefferson County Public Schools
- Littleton Public Schools
Create a custom search of active homes for sale in the real time Denver MLS IDX here: http://denverhomesales.info/propertysearch/
Find public reviews of Denver Realtor and real estate agent Christopher Gibson at the following locations:
See all reviews of Denver Realtor and real estate agent Christopher Gibson at http://denverhomesales.info/testimonials/
- Find information about how buying a home in around Denver Colorado works at http://denverhomesales.info/denver-home-buying-info
- Find information about my risk free premium Denver home seller services at http://denverhomesales.info/denver-realtor-premium-denver-home-seller-services/
- See my list of recommended service professionals at http://denverhomesales.info/denver-service-providers/
- Android & iPhone mobile home search app: http://denvermlsapp.com